The full programme and information about applications and registration fees are available on the summer school website.
This course aims to present frontier research on the economics of migration and to provide the tools to contribute to this field.
- Migration and Climate Change, Katrin Millock and Giovanni Peri (6 hours) – Joint with the Climate Change program
- Macroeconomic effects of migration for host countries, Hippolyte d’Albis (4.5 hours)
- Migration, Globalization and Development : Political Economy and Cultural Economics, Hillel Rapoport (4.5 hours)
- Identifying the Development Impacts of Migration, Toman Barsbai (6 hours)
- Immigration, Labor Markets, Productivity, Entrepreneurship and Firms, Giovanni Peri (3 hours)
- Immigrants in their host society : ethnic diversity effects and the contact hypothesis, Camille Hémet (3 hours)
Workshop : present your paper
Participants will have the opportunity to submit a paper to be presented within this program. The submitted paper should be a work produced by the participant (e.g. Master’s dissertation, policy work or research paper for PhD students). Selected pieces will be presented (in 30 minutes) in front of participants and faculty over three slots of 1.5 hours each.
Target audience : graduate students (PhD and advanced master students) and professionals involved in policy making.
Two modes of participation are offered for the 2021 Edition :
- In person, taking into account the highest sanitary measures to protect the participants and professors. On site, our parisian campus offers teaching and logistics space : classrooms, teaching theater, garden, coffee and lunch breaks facilities…
- Online, proposing interactive lectures in real time and, beyond, online office hours with professors to facilitate interactions.
- For all the participants, full sets of lecture notes and presentations will be made available, as well as the recordings of the courses.
Please note that reimbursment is guaranteed in full for sanitary reasons related to COVID-19.
Applications at a glance
- Applications open on January 1, 2021
- Apply by March 31, 2021* via www.pse-application.eu
- Reviewing on a rolling basis : acceptance within 10 days after the submission of your file
- Once admitted, spots confirmed on a first come first served basis
- Participation guaranteed upon reception of full payment
- Any questions ? Write to us at summer-school psemail.eu