- Editeur : Routledge
- Année : 2018
- Nombre de pages : 380
- Langue(s) : anglais
- Page de référence : https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Handbook-of-the-Governance-of-Migration-and-Diversity-in/Caponio-Scholten-Zapata-Barrero/p/book/9780815363705
The Routledge Handbook to the Governance of Migration and Diversity in Cities focuses on the ways migration and diversity have transformed cities, and how cities have responded to the challenges and opportunities offered. Strengthening the relevance of the city as a crucial category for the study of migration policy and migration flows, the book is divided into five parts :
- Migration, history and urban life
- Local politics and political participation
- Local policies of migration and diversity
- Superdiverse cities
- Divided cities and border cities.
Grounded in the European debate on « the local turn » in the study of migration policy, as contrasted to the more traditional focus on the nation-state, the handbook also brings together contributions from North America, South America, Asia and the Middle East and contributors from a wide range of disciplines. It is a valuable resource for students and scholars working in political science, policy studies, history, sociology, urban studies and geography.